- World’s fastest Wi-Fi OBD adapter – Accelerates apps by up to 250% and PC software by up to 300%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points.
- Supports SW CAN & MS CAN protocols – Access these proprietary GM & Ford networks in addition to the 5 standard OBD-II protocols.
- Small form factor – At just under 2” long, OBDLink won’t obstruct driver legroom.
- Strong Wi-Fi Security – Cutting-edge security scheme virtually eliminates the risk of unauthorized access.
- BatterySaver™ Technology – Plug it in, leave it in — without the danger of draining your vehicle’s battery. Fully automatic, no switches or button presses required!
- Read & Clear Check Engine light – Check diagnostic codes yourself and make confident, informed repair decisions.
- Works on Android and iOS phones & tablets, Windows PCs & laptops – Transform any of these into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor.
- Works on a wider range of vehicles – OBDLink’s advanced algorithm enables MX Wi-Fi to connect to more OBDII-compliant makes & models than any other scan tool. Works with all 1996 & newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States.
- Free, exclusive OBDLink apps for Android and iOS – Read trouble codes, clear the “Check Engine” light, monitor performance, analyze fuel economy, and much more.
- Free PC diagnostics software – Includes ScanTool.net’s exclusive OBDwiz license for Windows (a $39.95 value)
- More software – Works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
- Free updates – Download the latest firmware & software to get new features and keep your adapter up to date.
- Peace of Mind – Covered by our 3-year warranty & 90-day money-back guarantee.
OBDLink MX Wi-Fi works with all 1996 & newer model year cars and light trucks sold in the U.S., including all American, European, and Asian vehicles. Live outside the U.S.? Most newer non-U.S. vehicles are compliant with the OBD-II standards.
Exclusive OBDLink Features
- Extended command set – Enables OBDLink MX Wi-Fi to perform enhanced diagnostics not possible with ELM327-based scan tools. 100% backwards-compatible with legacy ELM327 command set.
- Upgradeable firmware – Free updates that unlock new features and keep your adapter up to date.
- BatterySaver™ – Allows MX Wi-Fi to automatically enter Sleep mode when not in use, substantially saving current draw on your vehicle’s battery.
- Advanced multi-protocol auto-detect algorithm – OBDLink MX Wi-Fi connects to more OBD-II vehicles than any adapter on the market.
- Smart keep-alive algorithm – Ensures a stable connection on ISO and KWP vehicles
- Large CAN memory buffer – Based on the STN1110 IC, MX Wi-Fi uses a variant of STN1170, allowing MX to manage larger amounts of data without error compared to older ELM327-based scan tools.
|DEVICE WEIGHT||4 oz (113.4 g)|
|DIMENSIONS||1.97 x 1.77 x 0.91 in (50 x 45 x 23 mm)|
|SUPPORTS ALL OBD-II PROTOCOLS||Yes|
|SUPPORTS SINGLE-WIRE CAN (GMLAN)||Yes|
|SUPPORTS FORD MEDIUM-SPEED CAN (MS-CAN)||Yes|
|OPERATING CURRENT||~80 mA|
|BATTERYSAVER™ MODE||< 10 mA|
|OPERATING VOLTAGE||8-18V DC|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE||-4º to 131º F (-20º to 55º C)|
|OPERATING HUMIDITY||10 to 85% (non-condensing)|
|MAXIMUM PARAMETER ID (PID) RATE||~80 PIDs/second for Windows PC, ~60 PIDs/second for iOS, & ~70 PIDs/second for Android|
|WARRANTY||OBDLink MX Wi-Fi comes with an unconditional 90-day money-back guarantee, and a 3 year warranty.
OBDLink Feature Comparison
Legislated OBD-II protocols:
- ISO15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- Single-Wire CAN (SW-CAN)
- Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)
OBDLink MX Wi-Fi can work with any Wi-Fi-enabled smart phone, tablet, or PC. Officially supported platforms (this means, we verified that MX Wi-Fi works with apps running under these operating systems) include:
- iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch)
- Android phones & tablets
- Windows Phone
- Windows 2000 and later PCs
Given MX’s open architecture and strict adherence to the 802.11 standard, we anticipate apps to be developed for other platforms as well. In fact, compatible third party applications are already popping up for several other platforms, including Blackberry and Linux.
You’ll have lots of app and software options, as OBDLink MX is backwards-compatible with the popular ELM327 command set. Here’s a small sample of apps and software we recommend: