- What information is collected from you while using this app, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
When you enable anonymous usage statistics, we may collect the following information to help improve our products and services:
- Vehicle year, make, and model
- Anonymized VIN (stripped of the vehicle serial number)
- Supported PIDs, OBD2 protocol, and OBD standard
- Application version
The anonymized vehicle information may be shared with 3rd parties, to help improve our products and services.
We may collect the following information for registration purposes:
- OBDLink serial number, device name, firmware ID, hardware ID, and device summary
- Device ID, brand, hardware, host, manufacturer, model, product, system version, and system name
- Your name and email address
The OBDLink information that we collect is used for device registration purposes only, and is not sold or shared with any 3rd parties.
We allow the user to record the location of their vehicle, along with other vehicle data, to a CSV file. We also have a map feature that allows users to view their location on a map from the locations recorded in the CSV file. None of the location data retrieved by our app is sent off of the device. When logging location data to a CSV file is enabled and the app is connected to a vehicle, location data will be accessed in the background. When users are not connected and logging data, we do not retrieve location data.
For debugging and troubleshooting purposes, we may ask you to send a debug log from the application. The information in the debug log is solely used to help address the problems that you are having with the app. If you choose to send the debug log, the following information is collected:
- Application name and version
- OBD2 communications, which includes information about your scan tool and vehicle
- Your email address
- Any error messages that may have occurred while you were using the application
Your Options for Information Collection
You may choose to restrict the collection of information by disabling anonymous usage statistics in the app settings. If you believe that any information we are holding is incorrect, you may contact us at any time, and we will correct any information that is found to be incorrect. Providing your name and email address is optional for registration purposes.
We take precautions to protect your information. When sensitive information is submitted via the app, the information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted to us, we also protect your information offline. The computers/servers in which we store the collected information are kept in a secure environment.